Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Extending the Roof

After a busy bank holiday weekend spending time with my fiancé and boy, I got back into modelling more of the house yesterday afternoon.

I did a quick render test with maya fur grass applied to the roof and floor and realised that I would need to add to the building structure. The initial idea was to have the pub inside a hill and this would be quite easy to achieve if I wasn’t trying to be realistic with the build. I could simply build a hill and extrude into it for the house but I want this to be something that could be built in the future and not be an unrealistic / overly expensive idea; after all, not everyone has a spare hill in their back garden they can dig into.

So I added to the shape of the building, bringing down the sides and finding new uses for the space they created. On the right of the building there will be a log store hidden from the front by the same grass to cover the roof and accessible from round the back and via the fire door in the games room. The left hand side of the building will be identical in its structure to the right but be a storage unit and hold any utility equipment.

In creating these spaces I realised that the whole roof structure would need to be reinforced with some more supports, both across the width and depth of the building to allow somebody to maintain the grass etc. It should be strong enough now for someone to walk up the side of the log store and straight on the roof of the building as if they were walking over a hill…

I modelled the spot lights for inside, my brother had said that he would like the inside of the pub to have an old Irish pub crossed with hobbit feel about it spots should allow for the correct mood lighting throughout and could be individually switched on and off and rotated to suit.

Hope everyone had a happy Easter, keep updated on this project by hitting follow me or adding your email to this page, mobile users will need to scroll to the bottom and click the link to view as full site first.

No comments:

Post a Comment