Friday, 22 March 2013

Blocking out the shapes.

My first approach for this project is it import the blueprint into Maya expand so that one Maya unit is 1 foot and then start to block out the main shapes of the building and rooms, from here I worked on the circular doors and windows. It is surprising how much time I have spent looking on the internet for size measurements on walls, windows, doors, ceilings, floorboards and converting everything to feet.

One thing that I want to maintain with this project is that rather than just push polygons together so it looks about right, is that it is right! I want the place I build not only be an idea but is a realistic build from an architectural view point. Almost to the place where you could sit down with this CAD file and say these are the materials we need and these are the sizes... too far? Probably but this preciseness is giving so much care over the project and I’m enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment